Website migrations are needed for a variety of reasons, and the possibility for them to go wrong is very high. In our experience, in almost all instances, when the migration is left to even the best, well-meaning developers to perform there are nearly always critical steps missed that could harm or impinge SEO!
Here at Optimise we have performed numerous of SEO migrations over the years and these have been for existing clients and new clients who need the migration performing in a hurry or limited one-off project, either way, we are happy to work on migrations utilising our proven SEO migration process.
Obviously, the downside of a migration going wrong can be big and costly, but there are also various positive opportunities to consider when performing a migration…
– Upgrade to latest security (Http to Https)
– Upgrade server and hosting technology
– Opportunity to prune, merge or update content
– Opportunity to improve new URL and general site architecture
– Replatform i.e Magento to Woocommerce
– Changing domains i.e www.oldbrand.com to betterbrand.com
– Plus lot’s more…